Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Starry Nights and Feeling the Love


Where did the last three weeks go? Looking back, I can't remember the details, the millions of little things that had to get done... but sprinkled here and there were wonderful gatherings with friends that are so near and dear to me.

One sweet friend has this Love mug. Every time I go to her house for a cup of chai, I ask for the Love mug. I think it makes the tea taste better. I think it makes me feel better. I think that even if it is all in my imagination, I still get all the benefits.

Last night I spent the evening with three of my favourite people. We went to a Christmas magical wonderland of gardens and lights in the theme of the Twelve Days of Christmas. We rode the carousel and went ice skating under the stars while soft celtic Christmas carols played in the background. A sparkly silver ball hovered above us, sending swirling twirling globes of light all over the ice rink. It couldn't have been a more perfect night.

And now I can take a deep deep breath, and I can drop my shoulders and relax, knowing that the busy part is over. And as I make my way to my family tomorrow, everything is going to slow down... and get quiet. I look forward to doing a whole lot of nothing over the next two weeks.

Wishing all of you a most beautiful Christmas. I love you all, and I will come around to visit and send you a warm holiday hug. xoxoxo

11 comments:

  1. And a most beautiful Christmas to you too! My favorite Xmas music is Celtic. What a magical evening spent...we used to live right in the middle of Albany. Two blocks from our house there is an outdoor ice skating rink right in front of the city Christmas tree. It is a beautiful setting. Have a wonderful relaxing holiday break with your family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Jamie...so good to see you back. You HAVE been missed.
    Wishing you the best of the holidays with your family and friends!
    I look forward to your gifts of photography and words in the new year.
    Warmly,
    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am now having visions of sugar plums in my head sweet Jaime! You paint a lovely picture of a very fun evening with your friends. And the Love mug is adorable. I would think it does make everything taste better. :)

    Wishing you a wonderful beautiful Christmas friend!
    xo Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  4. sounds like a magical night. i can just picture it.
    Merry Christmas to you. I hope it is perfect in every way.

    ReplyDelete
  5. and wishing right back to you, a beautiful and very merry christmas....xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful love-filled mug!! And - to you too - best wishes for a merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Christmas Day has flown past. Just now I have a quiet moment between bouts of after-Christmas sale shopping. I wanted to stop by and wish you all the joys of the season. As the quiet week approaches, may you find time to do all the things you most love. May you know, each day, how very blessed and loved you are. Happy Holidays, friend. ~ Relyn

    ReplyDelete
  8. it sounds like you had a lovely time ahead of you. Wishing you a wonderful New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wishing you a delightful, sparkling new year full of beauty - and hopefully a conversation or two over tea with me.

    Sending love.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That sounds like a perfect night indeed. I have been missing ice skating; I am going to find a place here where I can go (though I suspect outdoors is not an option).

    I hope you had a wonderful Christmas season! The happiest of new years to you.

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hope your holiday was magical ... happy new year! xox

    ReplyDelete