Saturday, May 3, 2008
Seven Random Things
I have been tagged (for the first time!) by the lovely Smith Kaich Jones, to write seven random things about myself, and then tag seven new people. So here are my things...
1. I love little earthquakes. (Little being the key word here, as the *big one* is supposedly coming to the west coast, and I do live in fear over this.) They are an exciting addition to an otherwise normal day. I wish I could predict when the next one is about to happen so that I could run out barefoot onto an open field and actually feel the earth quiver and roll under my toes. What would that feel like?
2. I judge books by their covers. Unless they have been recommended to me by a reliable source. It's the photographer in me...I would love to have the job of doing the photography for book covers. I've seen some stunningly beautiful images on books, and it makes me want to read them.
3. I once had a sweet little three legged hamster. His name was Tripod. Again, it's the photographer in me.
4. When I eat fish, I need to chew it meticulously. When I was young, my mom would warn me to be careful not to swallow a fish bone or I might choke. I still worry that I might choke and die, so I carefully fork through every little piece and then chew to the point of ridiculousness. One more reason to become a full fledged vegetarian...I have been living on the cusp for quite some time now.
5. I have an irrational fear of cooking for people. It's not that I can't follow a recipe...I just worry too much that someone might not like it, and would have to force themselves to finish what's on their plate, and pretend that it was really tasty. What if I cooked the one thing they just can't stand??
6. The only living creature I will kill are mosquitos, and even then I feel bad sometimes. Despite my fear of spiders, I have a designated "spider jar" that I use to remove the critters from my living space. I have been successful every time but one...the spider was so big and so fast, that when I quickly tried to cover him with the jar (this can be a clumsy act when you are afraid of them), I accidentally took two of his legs off!! I felt horrible, and had to put the poor guy out of his misery.
7. I love anything made with tomatoes, raw or cooked, but will not eat chunks of tomato in my salad.
I am feeling a little rebellious and I'm going to break the rules. Rather than tagging seven new people (I know many of you blogging veterans have done memes like this before) I will invite anyone reading this post to play along if they wish to do so. No pressure :)
Have a wonderful weekend!