Sunday, April 16, 2017

Longings


I miss my quiet, simple life. I miss the slow, gentle beginnings of sunrise seeping through my windows... tea and a book. Meditation. Walks through my favourite trees, watching the seasons amicably trade places... slowly as not to disrespect the one who's departing. I missed fall completely. My favourite time.. can never get it back. Of all the times for me to disconnect from myself, I feel heartbroken that I didn't notice.

The more I am out in the world, the more I want to draw back within myself... it's getting louder out there. It all feels so mindless. Careless. I don't want to have to measure up. I don't want to have to be careful to not show my weaknesses, because the world will devour me whole. I'm tired of explaining myself to others who don't understand the way I move through this life.

I'm growing weary of the struggle. Is this all in my head? I get to choose, right?

1 comment: